Welcome to the #AssetManagementBites.
Every Monday we will be sharing with you one of the numerous recommendations, best practices and advises (“bites”) from the “Solar Asset Management Best Practice Guidelines Version 1.0”.
The document was developed by SolarPower Europe with the contribution of Alectris. The “Solar Asset Management Best Practice Guidelines Version 1.0” is a resourceful guide addressing the commercial and financial management of solar investments, balancing the risks, opportunities, costs, and performance benefits. The document aims to encourage asset managers to keep their services consistent and at the highest level.
Chapter 9: DATA MANAGEMENT AND HIGH-LEVEL MONITORING
9.2.3. Financial & Commercial Data
Financial and commercial data should be integrated into the Asset Management Platform and seen holistically should include, at the very least, budgeted and actual figures on:
- Revenue (including any incentive programs)
- Billings, payments & collections
- Expenses (including financing costs, with a focus on planned vs. unplanned expenses)
- Financing information and expectations (debt, equity, etc.)
- Financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss, and cash flow statements)
- SPV administration (signatories, authorisations, structures, requirements)
- Tax status, filing timings, etc.
- Insurance (status, conditions, claims, etc.)
- Documentation (requirements, key documents, etc.)
- Compliance records